Servicing Industrial, Mining, Renewables and Utility Providers
Power Grid Solutions offers engineering expertise across sectors such as Mining, Oil & Gas, Water, Renewables and Utility Distribution and Transmission Systems.
Through our vast experience across various industries, our team are able to conduct feasibility studies and network simulations using the latest state of the art software packages: ETAP, PowerFactory & PTW tools. We are committed to supplying engineering consultancy services that conform to all company and statutory requirements and meet our client’s documented and implied expectations in terms of technical content, budget and time compliance.
We provide innovative, reliable and cost effective engineering services that exceed client expectations.
Mining, Oil and Gas
Our team have completed various mining, oil and gas projects across Australia, South Africa and the Republic of Congo and Botswana. Examples of our projects include:
- Yallourn Mine – 220/22kV Switchyard Design – Concept & Detailed Design, Vic
- Centennial Coal: Power Studies for Spingvale, Airly and Charbon Coal Mines, QLD
- Evolution Mining: Mount Rawdon Gold Mine Arc flash Study, QLD
- BHP West Cliff Coal Processing Plant (CPP) – Network Expansion Study,QLD
- Samancor Ferrochrome: 22kV Power Quality Study, South Africa, JHB
- Moatise Coal Mine:220/66/22kV Protection Coordination Study, Mozambique
- BMA Coal: Crinum North Mine Protection Coordination study, QLD
- Samancor Ferrochrome: 33/22/6.6kV Network Study, South Africa, JHB
- Tenke Fungurume Copper Mine: 220/33kV Power Factor Correction Study, Republic of Congo, DRC
- Debswana – Jwaneng Diamond Mine: 6.6kV Tailings Power System Study, Botswana
- SAPREEF –Arc flash study, South Africa.
Our experience in working within the renewables sector is vast, covering power system analysis, auditing, substation design, testing and certification. For Queensland based projects we offer RPEQ sign off at no additional cost, and offer electronic files enabling you to maintain and update your model if required.
Power System Studies:
- Lord Howe Island Hybrid Renewable Generation – Engineering Estimates, QLD
Substation and Switchyard Designs
- Clare Solar Farm 132/33kV Substation – Concept Design, Estimation and Pre-engineering, QLD