Develop an ETAP® simulation model for MFC plant in Mozambique, from the measured loads in order to perform Load Flow and Short Circuit studies. This was a starting point for evaluation of the network strength, future expansions based on the estimated spare capacity. The plant consists of Furnaces: Open arc and submerged arc furnaces, motor loads: induction fans for water cooling etc.
- Single line development in ETAP® and Bentley Microstation® packages;
- Plant modelling based on real time measured load (using trended power measurement recorders);
- Presentation of the measured loads and the apportioned load using a diversity factor;
- Quantification of the presently installed capacity (MVA);
- Quantification of the spare capacity (MVA);
- Load flow and short circuit studies of the existing plant;
- Load flow and short circuit studies including future load expansion;
- A comprehensive report covering the above analyses;
- Future work identification & recommendations;
- Power point presentation to the MFC plant personnel.