We will identify, analyse harmonics generated by non-linear equipment. The study will determine if your facility exceeds the power supply authority limits. We will then determine harmonic mitigation techniques to reduce the harmonics including phase shifting, zig-zag transformers and harmonic filter installation. A Harmonic study complying with methodologies outlined in IEC 61000 & IEE519 standards will be used to:
- Identify the source of harmonics (internal or external to your facility)
- Evaluate the impact of non-linear loads (harmonic sources) on facility distribution systems
- Evaluate compliance with power supply authority
- Verify the proper size and placement of capacitors when harmonic sources are present
- Verify the proper size, configuration and placement of filters, if necessary
- Size harmonic filters based on present harmonics in your system
- Determine the economic benefits of PFC filter banks based on current tariff structure and your actual bills.
- Determine the impact of PFC filter banks switching on the rest of the power systems.